Let’s talk about binge watching. It can be done at the pool, on the couch, while running on a treadmill, or while eating popcorn in bed at home. Here are (in my biased opinion) the best TV shows to binge watch this summer.
- Master Chef/Master Chef Junior – Delicious food, competition, and Gordon Ramsay? Count us in. If you want a little more drama in your day I’d stick to the original Master Chef. On the other hand, MC Junior brings the adorable backstories and kids who have loads of ambition, drive and perseverance.
- The Blacklist – I always need a good crime drama in my life. Since I’ve watched basically every episode of SVU and Criminal Minds, I moved on to the delightful acting chops of James Spader. This show is good, really good and is chock full of action, romance and mystery.
- Psych – This is a throwback, but if you’re a fan like me, you know that Psych the Movie is coming out this Christmas! I’ve never seen a show that fits so many cultural references, comedic jokes and wit into one episode.
- American Ninja Warrior – Who doesn’t want to be inspired by amazingly fit, good looking people? You get caught up in the competition, hoping for them to just complete the next obstacle.
- Riverdale – I must warn you, this show is heavier than the others on the list. With so much drama, mystery and teenage sexual tension it’s like Gossip Girl set in a small rural town. This show will satisfy your high school drama needs. Plus the cast are all friends in real life and it’s really cute.
- The OA – This Netflix original is confusing and weird, but so addicting. We couldn’t stop watching the first season and are pumped for the second season release. This show contains a good dose of reality packed into a supernatural drama.
- The Office – This is never a bad choice. Ever. Michael, Dwight and Jim can always make your life a little more funny. Enjoy this half hour show in increments or all at once.
Thanks to my roommate and brother for helping me with this list. Let me know what you’re watching this summer in the comments below!