Girl Boss. Boss Babe. We all know that one woman that seems like her life is perfectly put together. I’ll let you in on a little secret. No one has their life perfectly together. Every woman struggles with something whether it’s body confidence, time management, finances, mental health or any number of other topics.
Being a Boss Babe is not about being perfect. Being a Girl Boss isn’t about making more money. Being a Strong Woman is about doing what you love, working hard and balancing life’s ups and downs to the best of your ability.
With that said, here are the top 6 habits of a Girl Boss.
- Stop comparing. Everybody’s hustle is different. Don’t compare your journey to someone else’s. Strong women come in every shape, size, and color. Learn from others, but don’t compare your beginning to their end.
- Stand Up. Life isn’t perfect. You will struggle. You will face hard times. Strength of character is revealed in how you dust off those shoulders and face life again.
- Encourage. Encourage. Encourage. Life is not a competition. Let me repeat this. Life is not a competition. There is no award at this end of this life for “Best Dressed” or “Best Life”. Encourage others. Be there for your fellow women. Girls tease. Women encourage.
- Confidence is key. Every woman is beautiful. Every woman is made by God. Every woman is a masterful creation. You are worth it. Don’t ever tell yourself that you are not. If you need a boost of confidence, roll those shoulders back, hold that head high and strut like a cheetah girl. It works every time.
- Be on time. Be on time to business meetings. Be on time to lunch dates. Be on time or early for everything. Time management is key to accomplishing more.
- Don’t take it personally. This is a big one. Separate business from your personal life. Do not let decisions made in the workplace affect your self-worth. Be diplomatic and stay away from petty drama.
Girl Bosses and Boss Babes are compassionate, giving, encouraging, hard working dreamers. Don’t be afraid to put a little muscle into life. Put in some effort. Respect yourself and respect those around you. Eat, Pray & Hustle.
If you want to join a community of real #BossBabes today, check out Style Collective. Style Collective is an online community that provides education, resources and community support for female fashion & lifestyle bloggers who want to be successful business women. Click here to sign up!
Please spread the love by sharing, commenting and letting me know what you thought!
Follow Lovely Dusk on Instagram for more inspiration, smiles and laughs.